Schools launched remote learning plan on Monday, March 16th. By Executive Order of the Governor, all schools will be closed through to the end of the 2019-20 school year.
The well-being, health and safety of our students, families and staff is a key priority for our School. As such, we are closely monitoring the latest information and recommendations related to the prevention of the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Our school has followed the guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in ensuring effective cleaning and disinfecting daily and encouraging students and staff to follow prevention guidelines to include:
- Frequent hand washing with soap and water and the use of 60% alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unclean hands.
- Encourage people around you to cover their nose and mouth with a tissue when coughing or sneezing.
- If running a fever or exhibiting any signs of illness, do not come to school.
It is the policy of our School to follow the School District’s plans as it relates to potential school closures. We remain in close communication with our District and will alert students and families promptly if decisions to close are made. We will update this website and will send automated call updates directly to you.
In the event of an extended closure, our school will launch a remote learning plan that will allow students to access their curriculum and their instructors on-line and by phone. If this occurs, school staff will be reaching out to each student with specific guidelines for how this will be accomplished. If a student does not have access to digital or mobile technology, other instructional materials will be provided.
In the meantime, you can also track developments and get more information on the virus, prevention strategies, and school district response plans by visiting the following websites.
Student / Family Resources:
- LETTER TO STUDENTS
- Information on Family Medical Leave and Unemployment
- List of Nutrition Resources
- Fulton County Schools - Meal Distribution Locations
- Fulton County Schools - Coronavirus Resources